The Giant Robots Smashing into Other Giant Robots podcast is a weekly technical podcast discussing development, design, and the business of software development.
Hosted by Ben Orenstein, who is joined each week by developers and designers from thoughtbot and beyond.
Polymorphism vs. Conditionals
Ben Orenstein and Joe Ferris (and the surprise special guest Seana Quental) start the series off with a very technical discussion about Polymorphism vs. Conditionals. We also answer some of the audience questions we asked for last week.
Notes & Links
- Feature branch code reviews
- Composition over Inheritance
- Objects on Rails, Avdi Grimm
- Rails Refactoring Example: Introduce Null Object
- God objects
- Rich Hickey's Railsconf Keynote
- Kingdom of Nouns, Steve Yeggie
- Ruby blocks
- Gang of Four Design Patterns