The Giant Robots Smashing into Other Giant Robots podcast is a weekly technical podcast discussing development, design, and the business of software development.
Hosted by Ben Orenstein, who is joined each week by developers and designers from thoughtbot and beyond.
Trading Hours for Money
Ben Orenstein is joined by Brennan Dunn, author of double your freelancing rate and planscope.io. Ben and Brennan discuss transitioning from a freelancer to a consulting company, the issues he faced doing it, and how he overcame them. How he promoted someone to replace him in his consulting company and is focused exclusively on products now, where Planscope came from, how it works, and how he more than doubled the conversion rate. How content marketing was slow to work for him, and how he fixed it. How to effectively pitch and sell products, what victory looks like for him and what he's working for, and so much more.
Notes & Links
- Double Your Freelancing Rate in 14 Days
- Planscope, Project Management for Independents
- Kalzumeus Podcast 3: Growing Consulting Practices, with Brennan Dunn
- Workshop: Start Your Own Multi-Million Dollar Consultancy
- Ramit Sethi, I Will Teach You To Be Rich
- The Brain Audit: Why Customers Buy (And Why They Don't)