The Giant Robots Smashing into Other Giant Robots podcast is a weekly technical podcast discussing development, design, and the business of software development.
Hosted by Ben Orenstein, who is joined each week by developers and designers from thoughtbot and beyond.
Giant Year-End Extravaganza
Ben Orenstein is joined by Chad Pytel, the CEO of thoughtbot to take a look back at some of the things thoughtbot did in 2012. They then answer a bunch of listener questions.
Notes & Links
- Trajectory Redesign
- Open source releases every two weeks
- Factory Girl 2.4 (refactoring, speed increase) and 2.5 (custom constructors)
- shoulda-context gets a new maintainer
- thoughtbot goes to Stockholm
- Paperclip 3.0
- FactoryGirl 3.0
- Apprentice.io opens up to all employers
- Copycopter goes open source
- Trajectory gets Campfire integration
- Playbook: Video Edition
- Version 3.6.0 of factory_girl, memoization to the names of attributes which adds a 33% speed increase on factories with override