A two-dimensional structure made up of a series of intersecting vertical and horizontal axes used to structure content. The grid serves as a framework on which a designer can organize text and images in a rational, easy to absorb manner.
Create an account or sign in to save your progess
Use these additional resources for reference and additional practice
- Grid Systems: Principles of Organizing Type
- Grid Systems in Graphic Design
- Mark Boulton's Designing Grid Systems
- Ordering Disorder: Grid Principles for Web Design
- Geometry of Design: Studies in Proportion and Composition