Beginning iOS Development
Learn how to develop great iPhone and iPad apps
This Beginning iOS Development workshop is for developers who would like to build native apps for iPhone and iPad with Apple’s Cocoa Touch frameworks. This workshop is for newcomers to iOS, but not newcomers to the world of programming!
You’ll receive personalized instruction and explanations in a friendly atmosphere. Whether you want to build iOS apps to complement your company’s existing offerings or create something completely new, this workshop will be a great way to get up to speed with Apple’s tools and technologies for building iOS apps.
What you’ll learn
- Programming in Objective-C. Learn the ins and outs of one of the fastest-growing programming languages around.
- Using the Cocoa Touch frameworks to build high-quality native apps.
- Making the most of Apple’s developer tools, Xcode and Interface Builder.
- Applying common Objective-C usage patterns to work with the Cocoa Touch frameworks.
- Handling Certificates, Provisioning Profiles, and iTunes Connect to submit your apps to Apple.
What level of programming experience should I have before taking this workshop?
Professional software development experience. This workshop is for newcomers to iOS, but not newcomers to the world of programming! Experience in object-oriented programming in at least one language is required.
What should I bring to the workshop?
An Intel-based Mac running Lion or Mountain Lion, with Xcode and the iOS 6 SDK already installed. Lunch, beverages, and snacks will be provided each day.
How long is this workshop?
This is a three-day workshop. We’ll start at 9:30 every morning, and finish at about 4:30 in the afternoon.
How many students are in a typical workshop?
We will be limiting the workshop to no more than 8 students.
How can I ask you more questions?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.